Hecker Dermatology offers several areas of expertise when it comes to skin care in the field of dermatology including skin cancer, psoriasis, acne, eczema, geriatric dermatology, cosmetic surgery, cosmetic skin care, and laser surgery. Treatment is performed on adults, children, and seniors. Each procedure ranges from medical to cosmetic depending on the need, and the office accepts different types of insurance.
Procedures Offered by Hecker Dermatology
- Botox Cosmetic – Botox has become the most common and popular solution for correcting permanent wrinkles on our faces. Botox has been used for more than 17 years to treat a variety of medical conditions. Injections are most effective on “dynamic” wrinkles that appear when moving your face.
- Chemical Peels – Chemical peels can be used to treat wrinkles, sun spots, and facial scarring. The solution for deeper scars is laser resurfacing, scar excision, or soft-tissue fillers. Peels are most commonly performed on the face and neck, although the chest, hands, arms, back and legs can also be treated depending on the type of peel that is used.
- Derma Fillers – Dermal fillers are injected into targeted areas of the face to restore volume, contour, and the appearance of youth. Over time, the muscles in our face shrink and the skin around it starts to sag. Unlike creams and products, cosmetic injectables offer an immediate and obvious improvement. Hecker Dermatology offers a variety of dermal fillers including Radiesse, Perlane, Restylane, Juvederm, Belotero, and Sculptra Aesthetic.
- Dermatologic Surgery – The skin is the largest organ of the body. As such, it is susceptible to a wide variety of diseases such as diseases, disorders, discolorations and growths and well as damages in the aging process. Skin cancer is the number one reason for dermatological surgery at Hecker. Depending on the stage and the growth, location, and aggressiveness of cancer, some operations can be performed in the office under local anesthesia. Malignant tumors require more treatment outside of the office.
- Eyelash Growth – Whether something happened where you have lost your eyelashes or if you have always had thin eyelashes, we provide a service for eyelash growth. Latisse is a solution prescription treatment used to grow eyelashes, making them longer, thicker and darker.
- HydraFacial – Hecker Dermatology introduces HydraFacial which is a new breakthrough in aesthetic technology. The HydraFacial treatment puts moisture back into the skin after the resurfacing process. Dead skin cells are then removed along with epidermal impurities. The treatment is soothing, refreshing, non-irritating and immediately effective.
- Laser Hair Removal – Excessive unwanted hair can be a source of insecurity, embarrassment and daily annoyance. Or sometimes, we just want not to have the inconvenience of having to shave everywhere. Laser hair removal offers an alternative which focuses on large areas(arms, legs, back, underarms and ears) as well as smaller areas. Laser hair removal is easy, painless and permanent.
- Laser Resurfacing – This is a solution for those with deep wrinkles, acne scarring, or burn scars. With laser resurfacing, layers of skin are removed with a laser beam. As the healing progresses, a new, healthier-looking skin emerges.
- Laser Spider Vein – Many women have spider veins in their legs that hinder them from wearing shorts and skirts. Lasers can remove spider veins and generalized redness while leaving the normal skin behind.
- Mohs Surgery – Hecker Dermatology offers Mohs surgery as a procedure for non-melanoma skin cancers, particularly basal cell carcinoma(BCC) and squamous cell carcinoma (SCC). This technique involves taking special horizontal sections of skin tissue and examining them under a microscope. It then uses color coding to create a map to identify the location of remaining cancer cells to be excised the cornerstone of the procedure.
- Permanent Makeup – Permanent makeup is a solution for those who want the freedom of a natural and permanent cosmetic so that they never have to go through the ritual ever again.
- Tattoo Removal – So many people get tattoos when they are young that they later regret throughout the course of their life. Laser tattoo removal is the latest treatment that offers removal of the tattoo without scarring. Prior to laser treatment, other treatments included sanding, cutting, burning and microdermabrasion. Many of these treatments leave awful scarring. Luckily, technology has come a long way and laser removal is a viable option.
- Ultherapy – Ultherapy offered at Hecker Dermatology works by lifting the skin’s foundational layer. This is a non-invasive treatment for lifting the skin on the neck and face. Unlike lasers that only treat the surface, Ultherapy uses ultrasound to stimulate collagen deep within the skin without downtime.
Hecker Dermatology has offices in Pompano Beach and Tamarac. Check out their website to see if their services are right for you or give them a call at (954)-783-2323.