The offices of Lewert Law in Boca Raton handle marital and family law cases. The practice provides clients with sound legal advice from experienced and trustworthy representation in a wide range of different cases to protect your best interests, respect your needs and maintain consistent contact. Unlike most divorce attorneys, Tina Lewert is a licensed mediator so that adds a more humanistic element to the divorce process. When going through a divorce, clients have the choice to handle it through litigation and meditation. Whether through litigation or mediation, Lewert Law is dedicated to helping clients resolve the family matters they face and finding solutions that are in the best interest of the children.
Practice Areas of Lewert Law
- Divorce – A divorce can be a difficult and emotional process that can keep you feeling overwhelmed and distressed. Luckily, Florida courts do not require any proof of domestic violence or adultery as is required in some other states. The timeframe of getting a divorce can vary depending on the specifics of your case. Depending on whether or not your case is contested, you and your soon to be former spouse may need to go to court.
- Alimony – Alimony or spousal support depends on how long you were married and who was the “breadwinner.” If there was a prenuptial agreement, this will set the course for how much you owe your former spouse or how much your former spouse owes you. If you and your spouse cannot agree on the amount of alimony, you may need to go to court.
- Division of Assets – Because Florida divorce law adheres to the principle of “equitable distribution” rather than the principle of “community property” (which requires everything acquired in a marriage to be split evenly), complications and questions frequently arise in the division of marital property. This is why a divorce attorney like Tina Lewert is important to have on your side. They are experts at the equitable distribution of assets and liabilities to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive a fair share of marital assets.
- Child Support – Whether you are trying to establish an agreement for child support for the first time or need to modify an existing child support order, Lewert Law will be a valuable ally. Mediation is an alternative to seeking legal service or going to court if you and your spouse are on civil terms. Mediation is a cooperative, non-adversarial process where both parents work together to come to an agreement. However, if there is much dispute between who owes who, then mediation is not the best option.
- Domestic Violence – Domestic violence is abuse that is sustained in an intimate relationship. The abuse isn’t always physical, it can take on different forms such as sexual assault, stalking, intimidation, isolating a partner from others, withholding money, and emotional abuse. If you are a victim of domestic violence, contact authorities immediately and contact a domestic violence lawyer. Lewert Law has committed their practice to families, parents, and children who are struggling with complex and baffling legal issues.
- Prenuptial Agreements – Prenuptial agreements are not always the most pleasant topic to bring up before a wedding, but it could save you much stress and heartache in the event of a divorce. Lewert Law knows that no one can foretell the future. Protecting your assets in the event of a divorce is simply a realistic and practical decision in the modern world.
- Mediation – Divorce is by far one of the most emotionally troubling experiences that anyone can go through in their entire life. If you and your spouse both agree to a divorce and there is not any domestic violence going on, mediation may be a viable option. Mediation is less expensive than litigation and less punitive. Florida courtrooms are packed and the wait to get a trial date is much longer than you think. The serious overload of cases has prompted judges to require mediation for these types of cases since they tend to streamline the process and relieve the judge’s time.
Lewert Law handles each prospective client with a free, confidential consultation. This session serves as an opportunity to share circumstances, ask questions and discuss cost with a Florida board certified lawyer. To schedule an appointment, call 561-220-0123 or check out her website.